• Identify by name the ocean habitat when shown a picture of the ocean
• Name three animals that live in the ocean
• State that the ocean habitat has salty water and a sandy beach
• Identify by name the desert habitat when shown a picture of the desert
• Name one plant and two animals that live in the desert
• State that the desert habitat is hot and dry
• Identify by name the farm habitat when shown a picture of the farm
• Name one plant and two animals that live on the farm
• State that the food humans eat is grown on farms
The Activity Pages contain various activities for students to complete in class or at home with their families.
The Flip Book contains a collection of images that accompany the read-alouds found in the Teacher Guide.
The Image Cards are used to aid discussion in Skills and Listening & Learning instruction.
The Nursery Rhymes and Songs Posters are provided for use with every domain. The Teacher Guide provides guidance on how to teach a subset of these posters in every domain, but teachers may choose to teach additional rhymes at any time.
The Learning Center Cards are designed to be posted in classroom Learning Centers and provide information to students and teachers.
There may be cases when our downloadable resources contain hyperlinks to other websites. These hyperlinks lead to websites published or operated by third parties. UnboundEd and EngageNY are not responsible for the content, availability, or privacy policies of these websites.
There are no tags for this resource
From EngageNY.org of the New York State Education Department. Prekindergarten ELA Domain 5: Habitats.
Available from engageny.org/resource/prekindergarten-ela-domain-5-habitats; accessed 2015-05-29.
This work is based on an original work of the Core Knowledge® Foundation made available through licensing under a Creative Commons AttributionNonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. This does not in any way imply that the Core Knowledge Foundation endorses this work.